Star Wars Lunch Bag: A description

Star Wars Lunch Bag: A description

Star Wars lunch bags were something I started for my eldest son when he began Summer Camp in 2009. It was something special that I could do for him each day. It also acted as an ice-breaker, a conversation piece between my son, the camp staff and the other campers. Now, I've got two boys in camp, so it's double the quota. Each night I draw up pictures, usually something "Star Wars-y" on the next day's lunch bags. It can be any thing: a ship, a character, a mash-up, or whatever ( I do take requests.) It's something fun for them to discover each morning. And, it's a reminder of me, their Dad, when they are off having fun at camp.
In years past, most of the bags were kept by the camp staff. But, so far this year, the boys have been bringing them home to keep for themselves.

Some of the bags turn out fairly decent. And others, perhaps, not as successful or artistically satisfying. But, in the end, it's all for fun - theirs... and mine.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Darth Maul (On Red Lunchbag) - 2012


 For Day 2 of camp all I had left to work with was this left over Red loot bag. So I figured I'd attempt to draw the first 'Red' Star Wars guy I could think of. Hmmm.... Maul? I found a picture online that had plenty of dark shadows and then I started drawing it on the bag. Got out my black sharpies and my big-ass, black magic marker and started filling it in. I used a white grease pencil to get some white in the eyes and markered over that to add some yellow and a little white-out for the twinkle in his eyes. I finished it out with some silver marker for the teeth and it worked out pretty good. The eyes ended up a tad closer together than I would like, but hey, it's a a shiny red lunchbag.
And at the end of the day, they look like this:



No comments:

Post a Comment