Star Wars Lunch Bag: A description

Star Wars Lunch Bag: A description

Star Wars lunch bags were something I started for my eldest son when he began Summer Camp in 2009. It was something special that I could do for him each day. It also acted as an ice-breaker, a conversation piece between my son, the camp staff and the other campers. Now, I've got two boys in camp, so it's double the quota. Each night I draw up pictures, usually something "Star Wars-y" on the next day's lunch bags. It can be any thing: a ship, a character, a mash-up, or whatever ( I do take requests.) It's something fun for them to discover each morning. And, it's a reminder of me, their Dad, when they are off having fun at camp.
In years past, most of the bags were kept by the camp staff. But, so far this year, the boys have been bringing them home to keep for themselves.

Some of the bags turn out fairly decent. And others, perhaps, not as successful or artistically satisfying. But, in the end, it's all for fun - theirs... and mine.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Turbo on 3PO's head and three others - Days 23, 24 and 25 - 2013


I was inspired after doing the "Turbo on top of RD-D2" bag, and decided I'd do a whole series of Turbo on top of different Star Wars helmets. I did all four the night before leaving for Comic-Con, since the little guy would need one for each of the two days we were gone and then I'd need bags for both boys for Friday - knowing I would be exhausted the Thursday night after walking the Con and driving back from San Diego. The only reference I had for Turbo was "The Art of Book", forgetting of course, there was a story book in the kids' room and Google images at my fingertips. Lots of images that would have come in handy when drawing Turbo. But, I managed well enough without.




No comments:

Post a Comment