Star Wars Lunch Bag: A description

Star Wars Lunch Bag: A description

Star Wars lunch bags were something I started for my eldest son when he began Summer Camp in 2009. It was something special that I could do for him each day. It also acted as an ice-breaker, a conversation piece between my son, the camp staff and the other campers. Now, I've got two boys in camp, so it's double the quota. Each night I draw up pictures, usually something "Star Wars-y" on the next day's lunch bags. It can be any thing: a ship, a character, a mash-up, or whatever ( I do take requests.) It's something fun for them to discover each morning. And, it's a reminder of me, their Dad, when they are off having fun at camp.
In years past, most of the bags were kept by the camp staff. But, so far this year, the boys have been bringing them home to keep for themselves.

Some of the bags turn out fairly decent. And others, perhaps, not as successful or artistically satisfying. But, in the end, it's all for fun - theirs... and mine.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

HUNGRY SPACE SLUG - LUNCH-BAG - 2012


Hungy Space Slug - Well, long story short, every summer at camp, the campers and the counselors come up with a name for their group. By popular vote, my son's camp group came up with the name "British Zombies Who Eat Crumpets." Or something very similar to that. He hated the name. Some other kids from a different group made fun my son's groups name. He hated it even more. So, to make light of the whole "Crumpet" dilemma, I made this lunch-bag. Eat up ol' Space Slug! Jolly good! My son tells me crumpets taste horrible. Where he had one is anyone's guess. Possibly at the Tam O'Shanter? Maybe?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment